Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a running engine (50K - 75K miles?) cheap...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

My burb came with a 400 stock and has a 350 in it now... well, I am assuming it was a 350... judging by the size of the cam I pulled out of the oil-pan (yes you read that right) I am guessing its an anchor more than a 350, but I digress...

I am looking for a 400 to put back in her. but in the mean time, I need/want to get her running so I can get started on everything else that needs to be done to her.

SO... anyone got an older, non-abused engine laying around they want to sell or trade beers or stories for?

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I have the 307 that came out of my Camaro that had 83k on it when yanked, ran good.....yours in trade for that intake you gave us. It will need a cam, lifters, intake (I will be able to rustle one up for you, Edelbrock aluminum work ok?), carb (may have one of those also), Hei (another thing I can rustle up if you don't have), all new gaskets because of sitting on the engine stand, & all the front accesories are needed but should be a direct swap from your 400.

Orrrrrrr......I know of a 305 sb in need of a head gasket and Hei for $50. Unknown mileage but runs.

Orrrrrr......I can hook you up with a '94 Lt1 350 fuel infected...uh I mean injected /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif with 4l60e trans for $1500 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Let us know we are pretty flexible. Honestly the 305 or 307 would be good get me by motors for your 'burb.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

oooh... I might have to see what I can come up with for a cam/lifter/etc... combo.

essentially I just need something in her to get her moved around, get her to the exhaust shop, etc...

Hmmm...

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. JDBlazer454

This 307 really ran great when I pulled it. It just leaked oil, so I pulled it and ended up with the 350 that is in it now. I just used the water pump off of it, so it will need that, cam & lifters, and gaskets, and it has a brand new high volume oil pump in it. Every thing else is pretty much there.

5. JDBlazer454

Think about it anyhow its not going anywhere just taking up precious parking space in the garage. It is the original engine out of the Camaro so I know the history of it, female driven until we got it and low mileage.

btw....Jeff posted just before this and of course repeated everything I said, just can't trust me can he /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I don't know Deanna, "female driven" my not have the same meaning as usual when it comes to your family...

7. JDBlazer454

You know me too well /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I only drove it maybe a couple of months so it wasn't driven too hard for too long /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I was thinking the same thing... "female driven" coming from Deanna... Hmm... in other words "It was a bracket racer for the first 15 years of its life" "I dont remember it smoking, but then at WOT, I didnt spend much time looking behind me"

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. JDBlazer454

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif