Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a softer suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by woody99, Jun 4, 2004.

1. woody99

woody99 Newbie

hay all, newbie here. i just bought my first k5, it's an 84 blazer. it has a 9" suspension lift, and 3" body lift, and it rides like a rock. i seriously need a new softer suspension. i was wondering what size suspension lifts are available, and if anyone could point me to a reliable SOFT kit. thanks in advance everyone.

2. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

youll never get a 9 inch lift to ride good, if you want a good ride get some 4inch tuffcountry springs

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

anything over 6" will ride rough without going through deaver or alcan for some softies

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

couple of options out include custom springs and shackle flips.

if stock 52" rear springs give you 4" of lift when used up front, maybe you could use a 4" lift 52" front spring and a zerorate with longer shackles. In the rear maybe a 4" shackle flip moved back with custom springs that are longer with a long rear shackle /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

take some working and playing with but it might could be done

5. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

This is an interesting thread because I just got my first K5 as well and it has a 8" lift and also rides like a rock. I was thinking about a tuff country setup as well to drop it down to about 6".