Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a Suspension Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nathanf14, Oct 30, 2000.

  1. nathanf14

    nathanf14 Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2000
    Posts:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Hampton, VA
    Can I get some recommendations for a mild suspension lift? I only need to go 2.5" according to the fitment table in the tech section to fit 33 X 12.50's. I already have the tires on as they came with the truck when I bought it last spring. I just put some running boards on a few weeks ago and now my rubbing problems have multiplied. I was getting just a slight rub when hitting a bump and turning but now I hear that annoying sound when backing and turning too. I would like to soften the ride somewhat if possible as well. The truck spends 95% of it's time on the road and the other 5% in the sand so a softer ride would be great. Also, does anyone know if I can go to 10" wide rims with the 2.5" lift and does the offset need to be different? Thanks.
     
  2. 90K5

    90K5 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2000
    Posts:
    3,719
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Lubbock, TX
    I would definately reccomend 15x10s because the tire will wear more evenly and it will look a lot better too. That might even solve your problem now without the lift because the tires bulge out and rub I think. If you want a softer ride I would reccommend Tuff Country. I just put their 3" lift on and it rides a helluva lot better than before. I als ogot some Rancho 9000s all around which helps a bit too. Hope this helps .

    90K5
     
  3. Wheels

    Wheels 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2000
    Posts:
    638
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Native Floridian living in Oklahoma, USA
    Just about anybody can come up with what you need, I went with 4" Procomp front and Superlift soft ride rear. Have plenty of room for articulation and don't rub anywhere. I run 33x12.50 BFG's. By offset do you mean backspacing? Backspacing is the critical measurement to keep from hitting the tierod and knocking the weights off. I would suggest the 10" rims with the 33x12.50 to flatten out the tread and to get better wear.
     

Share This Page