Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a transfer case

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Highlander, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a trnasfer case as of sunday when mine went up in smoke. I have a 700r/208 and right now I'm open to Ideas maybe a 205 if I can do it without it costing my first born let me know

Eirc

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Well All,
    The search has come to a halt and the adapter issue is over. Thanks to a good friend on this site, I was given some really helpful information on how to find a <font color="red"> Pre-Made </font color> adapter.... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It was not to my knowledge that anyone had made such a thing and to that comment, It even isn't made for it. <font color="#666666"> But It Works! </font color> Here it is:
    700R4 To 205 Adapter
    And here is where to get it from:
    <font color="red"> A&amp;Reds Trans. Parts
    816-483-7337
    part number 7Q35A </font color>
    It cost me $65 shipped to my door....
    <font color="blue"> Enjoy! </font color> /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color="green"> Also </font color>
    I have a 208 for sale that came out of my 87, I'm located in Central Tx. $100+Shipping
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Hi Eric,
    Welcome back. I have a 208 I just pulled out of my '85 on Sat. As I'm installing my Doubler. I also have a 205 10 spline (man). that can be switch w/ a 27 spline (350) which i also have, adapter, shifter. Also I have the adapter shown in pic. You can call me on my cell (303)868-7598. Let me know. Ed /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Highlander

Thanks Batmanjr
    I'll keep that in mind, I know a guy that has a 205 that I was looking at the day before mine went south, I'll have to back and see which one it is. But I see Ed has one as well I think that would be the way to go for the long run.
    Eric

5. Highlander

Hey there Ed
    I'll give you a call on that 205 setup as I told Batmanjr Right now that would be the best way for me I don't want something like this to happen again.

Eric 303-232-1697

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

That's why I did it! I know exactly how you feel! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Glad I could help!
    P.S. I also have two 10 spline 205s if you can't get ahold of one from Ed! But they're just the case, no adapter and shifter. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. Highlander

Thanks man I'll keep that in mind I'm working on a deal with Ed. And so far he doesn't what my first born and thats a good thing.

Eric