Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a turbo 400 local wash oregon.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chubbybob, Feb 9, 2005.

1. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I just broke the whole case of my 400 and bent my output shaft on my 205 so I am hoping to find something close to this area for a good deal. :D

if any of you know someone that has just the tranny for sale and needs rebuilt that would probably work also.

it just figures right before getting ready to head to moab for the easter safari that something like this happens.
    any help would be much appreciated.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Your the second person from this board to break the TH400 case since Jan 1st that I know of... Dont have anything here other than a 2wd BOP TH400 though.

3. kennyw

There is one down in Redding, CA for sale with CamsK5 :thumb:

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

too far to drive but thanks for looking :(

I found an 85 crew cab 1 ton dually 4x4 in portland complete with a spare 454 for $3500 that I might buy for my parts and part the rest out or take the rest to the swap meet in april to maybe get my money back.

5. kennyw

You should be able to get a crewcab like that for closer to $2000-2500 if your waving cash in the owners face. Or better yet, if you want to be patient I see them for $1000-1500 every once in a while, but you have to act fast.

6. kennyw

It's only about 6-7 hours drive to Cam's place from Portland/Vancouver. Really not a long trip if it saves you over $100 from what you can get locally. And it's usually not too hard to find people needing things hauled that direction back and forth to chip in to help with gas :grin:

7. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

DUDE...I happen to have a th400 trans for a late model 205 in my garage right now. It was rebuilt in 96, but hasn't been installed in anything since then. I bought it from a freind of mine and haven't been able to afford a t-case since. It does have an adapter that I just bought from Mountain Explorer (Allen) last month. Output shaft sticks out about 4.5 inches from the back and it has 32 splines. I have $400 into the trans and $75 into the adapter. I'll take offer from there. Let me know what you think. Just think of all the money you could save since I live in Vancouver as well :D :D :D :D
    T-roy

8. kennyw

Yep, then there is that one... Just didn't know he was willing to part with it :grin: Then again, with the new Chevelle project, he probably would be willing to part with a few things to help it along now.

9. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've got a 2wd th400 from a 6.2 in Spokane WA... wasn't really planning on selling it, but I always need money.

Btw Kenny, are you still interested in my 6.2?

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i have a 2wd th400 sitting in my garage trying to get $200 out of if it makes any difference and i am always going down to oregon because i have family there so i might even be able to drop it off if you want it.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ive got a TH400 laying around, round bolt patern, no adapter. The long term plan was to swap it into my rig with a Klune-V or doubler or something. Got anything worth trading for it? :)

j

12. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

thanks for the reply guys.

im getting ready to head over to the spotsman show right now but will get back on here tommarow and get ahold of a couple of you guys to talk about what you have.

if I dont figure something out this weekend I wont have time to put my rig back together for moab :mad:
    and it will sure suck if I have to wheel my tow rig while we are there :blush: