Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a U Joint? *update check this beauty out*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 14, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

*Update* Pulled the shaft and replaced the whole shaft and well check out the ujoint. http://www.1337info.com/images/alan/truck/ujoint.JPG
    there were no needle bearings in the cracked up end cap! I have no idea where they went but they weren't in there. THe truck still vibrates though, any ideas?

I think I need a new rear ujoint, opinions please. From like 35 to 45(on the speedo no idea what actually) my K5 shakes hard. Like if you look at the steering column the wheel is noticeable shaking around. After like 45 it seems to go away but you can like just sort of feel the vibration still there and CDs skip in my CD player from it. When I come to stops and start going osmetimes I hear a clunk from the rear of the truck.

2. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Re: Need a U Joint?

Check for movement in the u-joint. Twist the driveshaft and hold the tranny output, same with the axle input (god I can't beleive I can't remember what its called.) If there is any slop (movement) replace it.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was pushing it with my foot this morning after I took it for a drive but didn't notice any.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

forgot that I have a NP208, rear and front driveshaft with joints in the driveway so I am gonna go just change it, can't hurt.