Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a wiring Diagram or color codes for a 86 tach dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I am putting a tach dash out if a 86 1 ton dually in my 79
    K5. I need the wiring diagram or color codes for the 86 so I can rewire the dash plug in my 79 to match the Gauge cluster out of the 86 (mainly for the gas gauge and cluster lights) also if anyone has the Diagram
    for the 79 dash with gauges (no dummy lights) that would be cool also. I am thinking about doing a write up on this since it gets asked everyonce in a while so if anyone can help me out you will get a honarable mention in it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

yes the new 86 cluster has a electric oil pressure gauge
    the 79 one is also,But I am using a mechincal oil gauge. The part that is confusing me is that the gas gauge has three posts. I'm pretty sure that the bottom post the ground for the gauge but I don't have a clue what the other two are. Thanks for the Diagram that will give me a start /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

3 post on the fuel gauge
    1 is a ground
    1 is constant 12v
    1 is to the resistor in the tank

5. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Cool Thanks Man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif