Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Advice and Patience

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fmf_corpsman, Dec 15, 2006.

1. fmf_corpsman

fmf_corpsman Registered Member

I know this is a newb question, and I am just getting into 4x4'ing, but please bear with me. I have a 90 GMC Jimmy and I am wanting to do a decent restore on it. I would like to see if anyone would give me opinions on what type of suspension to work with. I would like to change the axles and do some other things underneath. I am currently in Afghanistan and saving money to do it. I am not looking for anything hardcore, just something that given the opportunity to do some offroading I know I would not run into problems. Any input and resources would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You already have available the best resource on the net - the search button. Spend some time reading and searching in the garage.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like CBBR says, it's all here. Everything you could want to know about everything K5. There's even a post for pics of trucks with certain wheel/tire:lift combos. Surf the site and beat on the search button and you'll be overwhelmed with usefull info.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to CK5, brother. As the others mentioned, the search feature is awesome.

However, it would help to know exactly what you have in mind. Do you want to run BIG tires? Do you want lots of flex? Would you prefer to have the strongest axles available? Is money an issue? If you narrow it down a bit, I'm sure we'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Anyhow, stay safe over there, brother. Thank you very much for your sacrifice. Come home in one piece, okay?:waytogo: