Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need advice Ebay problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 29, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just received a video game and 2 dvds. Both from the same auction. The auction said the movies would come without the cases. When I got them the movies definetally look like copies. Both DVD backs are identical(purpilish color) and in the center there is little print that is identical on both of them(like they came from the same stack of DVDs). The labels are both fuzzy images of what they should be like someone printed up labels. I emailed the person but they said "They aren't copies" then they sent another message stating, "the game discs aren't a copy, I bought the movies at a yard sale". Mind you the one is a fairly new movie that I doubt they picked up at some yard sale... They had pictures of the cases in the auction, so why not send the cases?

I think they bought the movies, copied them, and sold them off to meas originals. Think I should leave bad feedback? Worried about her leaving me bad in return(I have 100% positive).

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ehh reply was bull****. the auction said "these movies come free with the game", so its a loophole I can't dispute. Stupid, but oh well.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Nah.

I was tempted to leave negative feedback for the assclown I bought my GM 6.2 manual from - he charged a flat fee of $10 for shipping, on top of the auction price. I get the package, and plain as f**kin' day is a $2 postmark in the upper right corner. I was pretty pissed about him basically stealing $8 from me, but I just decided to not leave any feedback at all. Kinda the p**sy way out, but I just didn't feel like it was worth my time battling the dude over 8 bucks...

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Really, the item was worth the final price plus shipping/handling to you or else you would not have bought it. It is shipping AND handling (he can justify the handling part as putting the manual in a box, driving to the post office, etc.). You got a product for what you were willing to pay. That's capitalism for you I guess...

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do the movies work?

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Actually, I didn't look at his shipping info until after I had won the auction in the final 12 seconds.
    Lesson learned - Read the entire auction page before bidding...

And no, it was not shipping AND handling, it was advertised as shipping only. I have seen plenty of auctions where sellers have clearly put "shipping and handling" on their auction pages; this one just said "shipping".
    Lesson learned - If you don't like the shipping terms, don't bid on the item... or at least try to talk the seller into different shipping terms.

Like they say... "Buyer Beware" (or "caveat emptor", depending on your preference). I was not aware, and was blinded by the item's merits to me. The book's definitely well-worth what I paid for it (and the handful of Members here who've been helped by it already would probably agree), so I look at this incident as "The $8 eBay class on Understanding The Auction You're Bidding On".

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have sold stuff for cheap on Ebay and charged $30.00 for shipping. It gets people in the door to look at the item.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Both cases here are just the way ebay works. You have to read and understand the entire auction. If something seems fishy or shipping seems to high dont bid on it.
    I rember back when PS2 came out. You couldn't get one in the stores around Xmass time. Some guy was selling pictures of a PS2 on Ebay. His auction clearly stated "You are buying a picture of a PS2". Yet people were so intent on getting a PS2 that they didn't read his auction and were bidding as if it was the real PS and paying $250 for a pic. Leagally he did nothing wrong.
    All he did was take advantage of people's materialistic greed.