Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Advice On A Woman Situation...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Mar 22, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Me and my forgetfullness get me into a lot of trouble sometimes. This is all about a stupid high school "right of passage" that happened a long time ago for most of you. Here's my problem:

The guys I hang out with are mostly gearheads like me and people who could care less about some formalities, high school prom being one of them. I don't know how I pulled it off, but I completely forgot about it up until about two weeks ago. I asked a girl I've known pretty well for six years or so, we had a thing once I guess, and we've stayed pretty good friends. She said she was going with her boyfriend (who is a complete mess I might add) I said alright, cool, see ya.

Then, last night, I was in class (I take all college classes) and there was a girl I hardly know there but I talk to her friend quite a bit. We all got to talking and I steered the conversation towards this big friggin dance. I got around to casually asking this girl and she said yes.

Third Chapter: I was at work today and girl #1 walks in, sees me, and immediately comes over and strikes up a conversation. This time she steers the conversation towards prom and asks me if I have a date. Turns out she realized what a fruitcake her boyfriend really was and now wants to go with me.

So, I have these choices:

Girl #1: Absolutely gorgeous, known her for a long time, we told each other we'd go to prom together back in the day. Left a 5 minute message on my cell phone after she left saying how grateful she was that I was even considering going with her. BUT, I don't care for the way she treats people sometimes, she can be kinda condescending and quite a tease (ask me how I know) Besides, then I'd have to call girl #2 up less than 24 hours after I asked her and break my commitment.

Girl #2: Gorgeous also, hardly ever talk to her. She's very cute, quite slender, and kinda quiet which can be good at times. Unfortunately she's not very social, so I'd have to arrange the places to eat, take pictures, etc. when girl #1 would probably have it planned out a year in advance if she could. BUT, I don't want to go back on my word. It's not like I'd be devastating this girl or anything, she has an older boyfriend who can't go. But I don't want to screw with a person's head like that.

Basically I'd really like to go with #1 but I don't want to break a commitment. I'm a person of my word, and if I break it, the **** must have hit the fan to keep me from making good on a promise. If you've survived is 18 page post until now, I'd really like advice as to what to do. I only have one senior prom, and don't wanna regret anything about it.

BTW, just to catch your eye, we'll be taking this truck if I can finish it in time. Hopefully it'll be smoothed out and neon green by then.

Picture 006.jpg

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

do you have a chance at a relationship with eather of them? or would both of them just be someone to go to prom with?

3. mikey_d05

Well, slim chance of a relationship with #1, but it probably wouldn't last real long anyways (like the first time around) None with #2.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I don't see any trouble here.

You asked the first girl .... she said no.

You asked another girl and she said yes.

Go with girl #2 and have a blast. :saweet:

Another "right of passage" is learning how to stick to your word and do what you say so people will trust you. If people don't trust you you will never make anything of yourself.

Nice ride! Make sure you bring a small step ladder or bench for her to climb up in the cab with a dress on.:waytogo:

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ha ha, you're in demand, huh?

I say Girl #2.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Option 1

Keep you word, take responsibility. You'll walk away with some honor. Plenty of time for chasing #1 later. The more you BS a girl the deeper the hole you'll dig. Plus you hurt #2 and who knows where that may lead, could turn out to be a good thing with a little effort.

Option 2

Follow your desire and live with the consequences. If you go this route then make sure to tell the truth, lying makes it worse. Just because you know #1 better does not mean you'll necessarily have a better time at prom with her.

Option 3

Tell them both your gay. Then you'll have two great dates for the prom. :grin:

7. mikey_d05

Jiminy, I plan on telling the truth to both girls no matter which way I go. I've already learned the hard way that lying you way out of a situation just makes it worse.

On a side note, I won't have time to chase #1 later. I'm going to South Dakota and she's going to St. Paul in 5 months or less. I have a lot more interest in her than #2 and I'd really like to end H.S. on a good note.

Either way, I'm gonna have to grow some balls and tell one of them no. Flattering in a perverse way but now I wish one of them was stupid or ugly or something :mad:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

#2 man, the ones that have been trouble will always BE trouble.

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Dude... you have a perfect opportunity here to be the pimp of your school. You have 2 girls, one who is a good friend, and one who has a boyfriend, who both want to go to prom with you. Since you already have #2 as a guarantee, ask her if she would mind if you bring your "best friend" along since she just broke up with her boyfriend and you are going as "just friends" anyway. If she says yes, you are in business... If she says no, no harm no foul, right?

If girl #2 says yes, you then proceed to ask girl #1 if she would like to go with you and your date, and make it more of a group outing. If she also says yes, you will be viewed as a pimp by all your friends, especially if you show up in a Lime Green truck with a very pimpish Tux. Also, I would suggest that YOU choose where to eat, and where to go afterwards, etc... as it shows you have the balls to plan the thing in the first place.

Anyway... I'll write more later, must go back to work.

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well.

Life is like that, tough decisions you create for yourself. I hope it all works out for you kid. At least it concerns you, most guys wouldn't give an RA. I think you'll be fine in the end.

Just remember there is always OP 3. Hehe.

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

No question about this. Keep your word.

Secondly, your truck is the exact same color as mine. Don't paint it neon!!!!:crazy:

12. mikey_d05

Sorry, but I've gotta paint it something. The fender trimming was done as much for rust removal as tire clearance, so the paint is in pretty bad shape. It's either gonna be neon green with a black top, bumpers, and grille, or completely black. I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards green.

13. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You're the fall back guy for #1, don't do it, or you'll be her fall back friend for ever!!!Go with #2 and have fun.

14. mikey_d05

Yeah, that is what bothered me but here's the entire story condensed:

She was gonna break up with her boyfriend because he's just weird. He realized this and dumped her to just end it, then proceeded to get depressed and cut himself. (not to die, just for the hell of it, told you he was weird) She then essentially freaked out and realized he's a moron and is practically begging me to go with her.

Another thing is I kinda take pride in keeping my word to people. I have the reputation as being a mean bastard but a very reliable one.

15. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Keep your word, that's my advice.

This is pretty funny though, it reminds me of my senior prom...

I DID end up going with two dates :blush: But they were both cool with it haha, it was awesome, talk about :pimp:

16. mikey_d05

Oh yeah, one hitch with the two date thing...I don't have a back seat in my project truck :crazy:

17. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, you're not high on the list for #1. Kind of an afterthought. There might be a potential there but you'll be an afterthought again. Someone else said the "been trouble be trouble" thing. Tell her you'd already asked another girl.

#2 you asked and she said yes. She hasn't already been labeled as a "been trouble be trouble".

If you can picture going to a "dance" as "fun" then I'd say you'd have better luck with #2. It certainly wouldn't leave you feeling bad if you broke things off with #2 for a ended-up-****ty #1.

You'll make #2 feel bad if you ditch her for #1. And chances are you'll feel bad for ditching #2 for #1... and then #1 will probably make it even worse.

EDIT:
    and furthermore, if #1 actually wants anything to do with you she'll continue to talk to you after the "dance".

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

# 2

And don't look back...

19. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That's a hitch for ONE prom date too! :pimp:

Anyway, I say go with #2, as long as her boyfriend is either smaller than you, or is a pussy. Like was said before, you'd become #1's fall-back guy.

20. mikey_d05

Well, I pretty much already am #1's fall-back guy and have been for some time. It started a while ago and it's too long of a story to make coherent here. Basically she's the one that's always been out of my league and I've always wanted but could never get.

I'm mostly looking for a fun date for the day and early evening, after that, I'm partying like the sun will never come up no matter who's with me.

Did I forget to say that #1 gave me the pouty lip when I was at work today?...Damn her...:mad:

#2's boyfriend is like 24 and a drunk, so that does honestly scare me a little.

I think what I'm gonna do is tell #1 that she can come if she wants but I'm def. going with #2 as well. I doubt this will go over well but if it does, I'll run it by #2 to see if it's alright with her. Thanks for the advice guys. At least I have a date. Now all I need to do is get the truck done :crazy: