Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need advice on brake line install asap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Apr 11, 2003.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK here is the deal. I am installing new brake lines on my 14FF conversion. They are the A-Tron rubber shorty lines. I needed the 7/16 ends (where the banjo bolts go through) but got 10mm so I was told to drill them out and use them. 1 came out fine and 1 came out a little of center. There is under 1/16 of surface area on one half of the end where it bolts up to the caliper. When I look at the stock rubber line ends(where the banjo bolt goes through) they are huge compared to what I have now. So should I use a bunch of crush washers on it?

Now for the next part....

I have to use at least 5 crush washers on it because the end that the banjo bolt goes through is not as thick on the new lines as the old so the bolt bottoms out in the caliper.

I am really NEEDING to get this done Tomorrow so ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Any more than one crush washer per side is asking for trouble. Crush washers need a harder metal on EACH side to seal properly. Not saying it won't work, just that it's asking for future trouble.

If you can shorten the bolts, I would. Otherwise find some the right length.

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Autozone and Advanced Auto both sell new banjo bolts. Id try to find some that are shorter.