Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED ADVICE ON FELLOW CK5ER

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brians 60s, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

about 3 months ago, I had advertised a winch for sale. The deal I worked out involved getting some cash and a pair of stock chevy heads. The guy paid for most of the winch, but never sent the heads. Since then he has contacted me a couple of times saying he sent the heads. That was about 2 months ago. Still no heads and I have not heard a word from him since then. I have sent a few pm's, and still nothing. Some of you are thinking cool, just keep the cash. That is not what I want to do. I don't know what to do. I would like to get it out of my garage at my house and send it to him, but I have not heard a word. Any suggestions??

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Talk to Grim Reaper..He is the medator(sp)......Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

okay silly question but this guy sent you money and the only way you have to contact is through pm's? But thats his problem. I would only return the money if i had contact with him and send a check through CERTIFED mail that way you have your ass coverd because he must sign for it. to me my word is everything and it's good to see so many people here with the same view. OH yeh if the deal falls through let me know, i have a bumper aching for a winch.

4. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I would love to do that, but when he sent me a money order, like an idiot, I threw away the envelope it came in.

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If it were me, I would continue trying to get in touch with him, but give a time limit that is stated in each correspondance. Then, if the deadline comes and you haven't heard from him, put the stuff back up for sale. As for his money, continue trying to contact him that you need his info in order to return his money. Do this periodically. If you do hear from him, return his money. If he doesn't get back with you, it is his choice. You have done everything you can. But always be prepared that at some time you could hear from him and should return his money. It's the right thing to do.

Just my .02

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Brian, Since no one is really hurt by this transaction except that the guy has a winch stored at your place I would post a open letter to him on the board. Maybe someone else knows him or where he is.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Again MO's and certified delivery are a must when you think about it... plus for member that aren't on all the time a phone # would be good too... Seems to me that if he sent the money and the heads are the hold up it would be dumb not to send the heads out and lose the cash and still get no winch

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hey Brian, if he ends up not buying the winch, I'll buy it. Well, that all depends on what kind it is and how much you want for it. Let me know.

Also if I have the money.

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

okay lets get this strait you made a post ten minutes ago that said you have one pay check left and no money and you still owe someone two hundred bucks! Now your offering to buy a winch, have you become rich in the last ten minutes?

10. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]..........[​IMG]..........[​IMG]..........[​IMG]..........

Sorry, I couldn't stop. My sides hurt. [​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

11. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

quite honestly I'd try every way to contact the guy that you can, and set a time limit on it that is reasonable. I'd try to contact the guy with the options you have, and specify the time limit. after that I would move on with what-ever you have to do.

I don't really think anyone could expect you not to.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

DAMN beater you got me laffin so loud my kids came in the room and asked me what was the matter....

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Step 1: Open mouth

Step 2: Insert foot

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</a>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

14. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have his email address? If so go to paypal.com and they will send him the money via the email address. The trail Boss ought to have access to that info if you do not. Just a thought....