Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need advice on GM Goodwrench Engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zrobbinsk5, Jan 20, 2001.

1. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

I am planning on ordering a GM Goodwrench 350 for my 83 in the next week or so. Brand new crate 350 for 1289. 95 from Pace Parts. Or should I go with a reman for about 400 bucks less? This truck is 90% daily driver, just a bit offroad. I would be aiming at reliability in this package but it's gonna be nice getting rid of that sluggish 305. Thanks

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Ive got a crate motor in mine sure do like it runs great ! If you have the money go for the crate.

Drive it like you stole it !

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Go for the crate. I love mine.

Become one with nature...........Then marinate it...

4. 87chvy4x4

87chvy4x4 Registered Member

ive heard of alot of people having problems with the goodwrench motors not but the gm performance parts motors are supposed to be the best route far as crate engines
    the problem i heard about was somethigns wrong with the blocks there was a post on it a few weeks ago on here

CaLeB
    RiVeR cItY oFfRoAd
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://caleb.coloradok5.com>http://caleb.coloradok5.com</A>

5. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

i appreciate it fellas. would i notice any performance issues between the two? im 18 so the more i think about it, performance would be good. i still don't want to sacrifice driveability or reliability or anything. thanks.

6. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

GM Crate

I have heard that the standard GM crates are made south of the boarder. I have heard that if you buy a performance engine and pay for some custimizations i.e. different cam. heads, other...they are assembled in America. I have a standard one with 60k on it and it runs great. Very underpowered for a 350 however.