Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need advice on my job problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Mar 17, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i like my job and the location but latly the boss and his stupid thinking has gotten to me. get this we have a work week of 4.5 days and 2.5 days off. my work week was mon,tue,wed off thur,fri,half sat no sundays. now he has the bright idea to just tell us we will work all week and half sat and in summer till 2 pm on sat. he didnt ask if we would be willing to work extra. and when it comes to big decisions and ruels and inforcing them he SUCKS at it. now that i half to work all week and sat i cant go look for a new job on my day off in the week. so what kind of sugestions do you all have to help me and have a better day at work. i know work isnt always far but i love what i do for a living. sorry for the rant but i needed to vent and get ideas.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Tell him you spend your weekends helping addicts- just don't let on that the addicts in question are here on CK5!!!!!

Seriously though, do you guys have any kind of contract you signed when you hired on stating what hours you would be working? What do all the other guys think about this? Maybe if everyone just tells him they aren't gonna work Saturdays he'll back off.

How replaceable are you guys?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like a bigger pay check.

4. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

whats wrong with that?

i work 6-5 mon-friday and 7-1 on saturday

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

What do you do?

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Profile says auto mechanic.

Have a meeting, everybody sit down and hash it out. If you let it fester you'll end up losing it suddenly and quiting. Don't be afraid to speak up.

Communicate young woodchuck.

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Granted the hours can suck but the payoff is worth it..a nice payckeck. Think about workin 60 hr weeks for salary, true, it was my choice to join the military and uncle sam can work me like a dog, but I dont get overtime. I'd try talkin to the guy. Alot of people can be pretty reasonable eventhough there attitude might not show it. I'd lay it all out on the table and work from there.

Biggest thing Ive learned is to speak up, if not no one knows what you are thinking. Sometimes that gets me in trouble but hey, no sense in having a valid thought if you dont get it out in the open!

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So You will be working what like 44-46 hrs a week? Hell I would do that with My eyes closed. I work 72 hrs a week and 88 hrs every third week. Been doing it for over a year now. I would work more if I was single.

9. sweetk30

well i have worked 4.5 days a week for the last 5-6 years at the old job. and this new one from start last summer has been a big **** hole. he says one thing but does the complet oposet. and he will change his mind from one sec to the other and back again. and we have tryed to talk to him but he thinks he is god and what he said goes no questions. he b.s ed me in to this job and wasnt forth coming with all the details of it at the time. and now its spring i need to cleanup the house and friends proporty that my stuff is stored at. and i am just mentaly tired and phisicly tired to. and yesterday all i did was 2 inspections no sales from them clean cars and 1 free lifetime rotation no sale supper clean car and install 1 $9.95 tube in golf cart tire, all in 8 hours . and he lost more money from me being there yesteday than he maid from it.

thanks for the help so far and keep the ideas coming thanks a lot!!!!

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Ok Woodchuck, you've already tried talking to him.

From your description you've got an indecisive leader. I'm assuming it won't change.

If you have zero time to look for work then write up your resume or have it done by a pro. Mail it to prospective employers or drop it off on your way to/from work. Get on the net and post your resume on Monster.com or similar site. If you cannot afford to give your notice then keep working there, in the meantime you need to do what you can to find other employment.

Just don't give up. You can endure a lot if you feel like your making some progress. Put out the word, eventually something will come up. I've seen other guys post on the 4x4 sites for work and some have gotten offers within a week.

11. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Write up a resume. It can be simple and like said give it to places after work and just ask around to different people. You might be surprised when you start talking to people you bump into about who is hiring. But i also agree with some of the others that 6 days ever other or 2 out 3 is not out of the normal. Myself I work 8 to 11 hours through the week and on sat 4 to 8 hrs. Can take a couple sats off every month with boss never saying anything if assigned work is not a couple months behind and production does not run to be covered.

12. sweetk30

yes thanks for the ideas jiminycricket. to day was total crap i worked from 8:00 am till 3:00 pm and no break and lunch was .30 hours and then had to stay till 6:15pm . i dont have a problem with the work but when you cant stand up much any more and he is riding your a$$ and he just acts like a dictator and said you will work this and this . then no i dont think thats far. he isnt around the same as us. hell he went home to day at 3:30pm and never came back. if he isnt willing to do the same why should we. a few others in the shop feel the same. so this weekend i will post some resumays and write him a letter telling him how i feel and what i think of the problems and go from there.

:frown1:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005