Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED ADVICE WITH A VIBRATION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JACKDUPBLAZER, Feb 7, 2003.

1. JACKDUPBLAZER

JACKDUPBLAZER Registered Member

my 78 fulltime four wheel drive started making a serious vibration when i slow down.sounds like im driving on the wake-up grooves on the freeway(the best way i can describe it) checked the u joints and flywheel they're good.anyone had this happen before? thanks

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok we need more info. Please fill out your profile!! I had a simular problem after i lifted my k5. It was the drive shaft, it quit as soon as i got my cv. How much lift do you have? Mine noise was from backlash in the driveline and the angle of the rear driveshaft.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JACKDUPBLAZER

JACKDUPBLAZER Registered Member

well its stock right now. i have 35s and a three inch lift to put on. 350/350/np203 . i searched old posts and the simularities point toward transfer case or front axle. the grooves on the side of the freeway sound exactly like it. im thinking i may have some slop in my ring and pinion. thanks for the input

4. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

I have a similar problem right now with my 86. i have wore out 35's on it also and it comes to my tires being out of ballance. When i put my friends 38's on it most of the vibes go away.