Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need advice!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblzr, Mar 26, 2006.

1. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

after rolling the blazer i though about a few different options. one, was to part it out and start over, the second was to keep the drive train and scrap the rest, and the third option was to but a cab and a box on it. i decided to go with the cab and short box idea cause i had a truck like it before, only this time i'm using an 88-98 fullsize c/k pick up cab and a custom short box. i was wondering if anybody on here has ever done it themselves, known someone whose don't it or knows where i could get any information as how to mount the cab onto the frame.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you are gonna wheel it, just swap a cab, hood, fenders on the front, and flatbed the rear. Bedsides are just tree/rock targets anyway. ;)

j

3. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

it's not just for wheelin', i'm making a aily driver out of it. for wheelin i probably would have cut the wrinkled roof off and then built a cage, so far i have a box and cab sitting on the frame and it looks amazing, i'll have to get some pics on the net here but i know it will be worth it when i'm done