Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need advice.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by santana, Aug 22, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

My Blazers engine is shot /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.. The crank broke and found several piston pieces in oil pan.

Should I rebuild or go with a crate eng? I've got a complete TBI system but I dont know if I want to go thru all the trouble of swapping it in. Does anyone here know whats involved in doing this? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Crate motors are the easiest things to swap. It is already done and usually comes with a warranty. If you know a good engine builder then you can have them rebuild a motor, but there are alot of good crate motors available for a reasonable price. As far as fuel injection goes, I would swap it in with the new motor. Fuel injection is more reliable, more powerful, and more efficient. With gas at $2 a gallon efficency is a key thing in my mind.

I will eventually swap in a fuel injection system into my truck, but for now the carb stays.

If you decide not to run the FI system and want to sell it let me know.

Harley

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'm contemplating what to do at this point since the Blazer is my daily driver.

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My Blazers engine is shot /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.. The crank broke and found several piston pieces in oil pan.

Should I rebuild or go with a crate eng? I've got a complete TBI system but I dont know if I want to go thru all the trouble of swapping it in. Does anyone here know whats involved in doing this? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry, talk with Marv he just bought a parts truck that has a 350 in it, and he will probably make you a smoking deal on it.

Rob

5. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Will do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanks Rob..

6. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

My Uncle has a 350 he wants to get rid of. It was running when pulled 5 years ago. Its a long block from an 84 burb and has been stored in his garage the whole time. He had a crate motor installed so he would feel better about driving it to Wyoming and back in the summers. I *think* he wants $100 for it. Let me know if you are interested.

BTW - It is in Cave Creek.

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Might be, I'm just waiting on Marv, he's got one too.

Thanks, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. FWP

FWP CRS

I'll drive down to PHX and help you do a motor swap, if you sell me your TBI stuff, I'm desperate..... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Fred