Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need advise on painting my rocker panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Jan 6, 2001.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I want to paint my rocker panels using the roll on herculiner. Id like to paint the bottom 8" of my rig all the way around. Is there an easy way to get a strait and level tape line?

2. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Just clean off the area where the tape will be applied really well and stick down the front end, by the wheel well or wherever your starting from. Roll out the tape however far you need it and get eye-level with it. Then just pull it tight and stick down the other end where you want it.

Also, you might go by a pro spray-in shop and see if they will sell you some of their "wire tape". It is VERY expensive, but it will trim you line for you without any hassles. It's good stuff!!

HTH,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok here is what ya do. take a grease pencil and measure up 8 inches and mark it with the grease pencil, then move 1 foot down and do it again, and then again till you have done it all around. then take the tape and line it up with the marks then it will be and even straight line.
    the closer you make the marks the straighter the line will be.
    then after your done and take the tape off, the grease pencil can be rubbed off.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter