Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need an honest opinion on x-terrains

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazinTra, Apr 23, 2002.

1. BlazinTra

BlazinTra Newbie

Hey. Ineed an honest opinion on some 35x12.5 x-terrains. Ive heard the good and the bad. I'm gonna be gettin new tires this week, and i wanna make the right choice. Let me know about your experiences with em'. Thanks very much for your help.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have the same tires (size and everything)...I love mine...They are a HUGE improvement over the old 33" BFG AT's...The handle really well on the street and in the rain and snow...I have only had mine offroad one and it was a mixture of dry, loose gravel and rocks...but the did really well...Even though they only have a 2-ply sidewall, they are THICK layers...I was impressed out how 'solid' the tire was before I had them mounted...My only complaint is that they are directional and if you get if you have a spare, you may end up haveing the spare facing backwards if you ever need to use it...

Chris

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Mine are almost identical to my MT baja. I have been more then pleased with my X-terrain, low noise on pavement, good wear, BUT they are HORRIBLE in the sand unless you want to dig to china. They are great in our clay mud though ;-)

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

bozowise have you tried turning them around in the sand. Put the right side on the left etc. The look like they'd work like paddles backwords.

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I think they are shorter than advertised, my friend has 33" tires that actually are about 31" tall. Very aggressive tire...

6. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have a set of the 33" X-Terrains and they are 33" tall. I have nothing bad to say other then you can hear them hum around 40 to 45mph. Slower or faster, they are very quite. I have drove in deap mud and 8 to 10"s of snow with no problems. ( Well I had a hard time breaking traction when trying to do donuts in the snow.) They get great traction in the rain and wet pavements. I have put about 8,000 miles on mine and they still look like new.

7. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Ahhhhh X-Terrains......... they are great!!! I love mine they handle very good in the mud, rain, I havent's tried the snow but will soon, all I can say is GO FOR IT buy them, and they look very nice they give your truck that aggresive look, check out my pictures I have a picture of one of my X-Terrians they look nice.

8. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

The only thing I'd be concerned with a ProComp tire is wear. My procomp MT's didn't last near as long as my BFG muds.

They were a BFG's equal as far as traction, and quieter, but wore quickly. My 2 cents.

9. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken the x-terrains have a 30,000 or 50,000 mi warrenty.

10. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I know the AT's have a 50,000 mile warrenty, but I haven't heard anything about the X-Terrains. Anyone else know?

11. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

I got a 40,000 warranty but I lost the paper, the sales manager wrote 40,000 mile warranty on it, if I cant find it I assure you guys I'm gonna be screwed.