Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need another measurement...

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by jekbrown, Dec 5, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if anyone with an older (80s) s-10 could measure the width of their dash I'd appreciate it. Just need the overall width to help me design the tube/aluminum dash for the hybrid. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Got an 80 S-10 I am getting ready to put an '84 dash in. The dash is completely out, what measurements do you want exactly? just edge to edge? Lemme know and I'll measure it up tonight before I throw it in./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

yeah pretty much just edge to edge...doesnt have to be accurate to the 1/32 of an inch or anything. Im gonna replace it with something 100% custom... just need to know how much room i have to work with for the design/mock-up process.

i'd appreciate the info, thanks much for the help! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Okay, cool. I havent forgot, I just didnt get over there last night. Going today/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jekbrown

roger wilco! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

6. jekbrown

doh, forget about me? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif No just didnt get home until late last night. The actual dash down the center is about 51"...there is another 1-1.5" on each side though if you go to the actual windshield pillars? The dash doesnt actually kiss those pillars.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you need anything else!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

thanks buddy! that helps a lot. Now that u mention it though, I could use 2 other measurements...

1) distance from the bottom of the windshield to the back of the cab behind the drivers seat.

2) distance from the firewall behind the gas/brake pedals to the back of the cab behind the drivers seat.

i'd appreciate the help. This process would be a lot easier if I just had the s-10 body here... but i have no room for it right now so I have to rely on help from you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks a bunch! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'll get them tonight/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

awesome!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif thanks man!

j

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Okay I went on a measuring rampage last night /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Just so you remember this is all INSIDE the cab on a std cab S-10, 1982. and all measurements are close as I could see, so dont shoot me if something is an 1/8" off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifthumb:

Top of windshield (where the roof meets the windshield to back window - 31.5"

Center of windshield (top of dash height) to back window - 51.5"

Windshield (at the edge by pillar) to back window - 48"

firewall where steering column comes through to back wall - 60.5"

actual brake pedal where your foot would apply the brakes when its just chillin there (no brakes being applied /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) to the back wall - 50"

Bottom of steering column at front of dash to the floor - 19.5"

from roof to seat mount on the floor - 43.5"

inside door handle to door handle - 53.5"

at the pinch moulind where the door rubbers attach at the bottom of the inside of the cab from driver side to passenger side - 53"

If figure all this shoulc give you a good idea of how the cab/dash/colum is all set up in the factory aspect of it. Sorry for the overkill /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Need anything else let me know.

12. jekbrown

awesome! time to go to work! thanks much, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

j