Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need answer pretty quick: D44vs 10B

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Feb 21, 2002.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

ok. is everything from the spindle out the same on half ton d44's and 10 bolts? We gotta recover TorkDSR's truck this afternoon, and something in that area is screwed up really badly. (i dont know exactly what yet so dont ask) We have a whole bunsh of 10 bolts laying around to take parts from, but i wanna make sure they will all go together. I think they do...

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I wouldent bet money on this but, i think they are , I helped my buddy change his diff on his 10b and everything on his looked just like my 44.

" Wider IS Better!!!"coloradok5.com/gallery/albun51?&page=1

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

im pretty sure the outers are the same...i think its the internals and axletubes that are different in size and makeup...

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you take everything from the spindles out to the hubs, you should have everything you need.

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

sweet guys, I thank you all. i thought they were the same, just wanted a confirmatin of my thoughts. well, we'll see how it goes this afternoon.

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Don't sweat it. MY 10 bolt front has backing plates from a D44, one spindle is frome a 1/2 ton 10 bolt, the other spindle is from a 3/4 ton D44, the bearing hubs are from the D44. I've mixed and matched all over the place. I picked up a nice set of spindles off a 1/2 ton 10 that are going on when I get the tranny back in.

Kyle
    89K5