Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need answers fast about amps

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 87chvy4x4, Jan 13, 2001.

1. 87chvy4x4

87chvy4x4 Registered Member

im looking for a new amp to go unde rmy truck seat while i have it out getting it recovered i have 2 10" kickers so i guess a 400 watt 2 channel would do fine but i need an amp that will stay cool under the seat and is easy to install also fairly cheap

CaLeB
    RiVeR cItY oFfRoAd
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://caleb.coloradok5.com>http://caleb.coloradok5.com</A>

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I really like my little kenwood amp. It's a mids and highs amp, pretty ballsy for such a little fellow. It's a 606 model I believe. Pushed a friends 2-10" JVC subs for a couple years and then I got it used from him for $60. I hooked it up on my 1-12" ESX sub and run it at half power or so. It meters 131 on the dash, no kidding. But a lot of that is the box. Designed by my good friend Mike Jones of Custom Sound, Lubbock Tx and built my me. It continues to be a good amp for the price, comes with a built in crossover and does good for me. Other brands I like are older rockford fosgate, audio art, crossfire,ect. Stay away from crap brands like pyramid, jensen, rockwood, kenford, ect. Anything that claims 400 watts for $79 is a piece of [censored]. Also rated wattage doesn't mean crap either. There are some cheater amps out there like audio art that will claim 100 watts and really crank 800 for competition stereo. Then someone like Jensen will claim 400 watts and it's really putting out 50. So talk to the reputable dealers and see what you think. Get on ebay after you do the research and see what kind of deals you can find. I'm seriously going to get another Kenwood amp for my blazer, ive seen them on ebay for 50 to 70 bucks.

Hope to help.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok