Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED ANY IDEAS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73blazerUSMC, Jun 3, 2002.

1. 73blazerUSMC

73blazerUSMC Registered Member

ok everyone i found my 454bb for my 73 blazer and i am going to pick it up in a couple of weeks so i need to start buying up what ill need to install it . now i know how to swap an engin but i have never put a 454 into a blazer so i know someone out there is power hungry like me and has done this so anyone with experiance or just some good ideas on what needs to be done please let me know ok ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Need way more info... like is it fuel injected or carbed for starters... if its carbed.. I can help! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif If not, gotta look elsewhere for help. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Let me know!

-Dan

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Tell us about the rest of the truck too. What trans/ tc, and axles?

4. 73blazerUSMC

its carbed definatly i hate Fule injection talk about the bane of my existance got i hate fixing that crap haha yea its carbed i know how to do everything but if i can talk to someone with experiance i can get an idea for any problems to expect or anything else so yea lay it on me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Is it difficult for you to fill out your profile?!?!?

6. KRAZIE87K5

Not to be a pain, but you may want to use the BIO section of your profile to tell us more about your truck, just for everyone who may attempt to help you in the future.

As for the 454 "swap", ts really a very clean cut job. Yank the 350, and drop in the 454. The only thing that you may want to do is to replace the engine mounts. I installed new factory mounts, and the engine is already sitting on the crossmember after only 10 months. I would install a set of ORD's HD poly mounts.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/motormounts.htm

Hmm... other than that... you'll need to modify your exhaust.

You'll prolly bust your 1/2 stuff if you beat your truck a lot, so start lookin' into 1 ton stuff now! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Instead of my telling you what you need to do, why don't you ask us the questions you have?

-Dan

7. 73blazerUSMC

first point if someone wanted to let me know how to fill out a "bio" or my "profile" i would gladly do so

second its a sm465t, 205tc,44front,12b back,

third i was not really looking for instructions because i work on cars for a living and have grown up around my fathers '77 blazer but the only engin swap me and him did was from one 350 to another (hes not power hungry like me, possibly the age and experiance) i was really just looking for any one who has done this specfic engin swap so i could find out if they are worth putting the bigger engin in or any wierd things like the mounts thing KRAZIE87K5 mentioned thats what i was looking for just wierd things that happend after the swap so anyone else who has had anything like that happend let me know please

ill just wait for someone to let me know how to fill out that "bio" thing so keep the posts comming

8. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

click "my home" at the top of the page and then scroll down to the configuration page

9. KRAZIE87K5

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i was not really looking for instructions... i was really just looking for any one who has done this specfic engin swap

<hr></blockquote>I have done this EXACT swap. But I can only think of a few others that have done this. Most don't want to lose the mileage they can achive with their SBC, and don't really think that they need the power of the BBC... so many folks don't even bother. Most that are seeking power, build a stroked SB, and slap fuel injection on it (TBI, MPI, or TPI).

Sounds like you might be complaining about someone elses info... by asking for your BIO, people are trying to imagine what other things you may expect to happen to your truck once you add the extra weight and power of the 454. I wouldn't bash 'em too much, or you might notice that you won't get very many responses from anyone else.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Just my .02

-Dan

10. 73blazerUSMC

thanx dan i did not mean to be short with anyone i did not realize how vague i was being in the begging and could not understand why people were asking me questions like i was a newbi that knew nothing about my truck i guess i let it get under my skin alittle and i want to take this oppertunity to appoligise to anyone i may have snaped at and about the bio thing someone posted instructions on how i can do it and i did it right there thanx to everyone who has posted here i really do appreciate the feedback and i hope no one is to pissed at me right now thanx once again to everyone

-scott

11. KRAZIE87K5

Not a problem. Thanks for being cool about it. Seriously though, there is nothing to this swap. Just do like I said, and install new poly mounts. Other than that, just look forward to replacing U-joints frequently! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Best of luck, let me know once you start the project, if you have any specific questions.

-Dan

12. 73blazerUSMC

hey man it just nice to have someone willing to put me in my place when needed and not just not say anything and be pissed thanx for the info i would have never thought about puttin poly mounts in until it was too late and i think im going switch over to a 1410 u-joint before i blow one up if ya think of anything else feel free to post it

thanx again

-scott

13. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i always thought you had to move the mounts. maybe i am wrong but i could have sworn that was what i heard. there are alot of posts on here about 454, and in fact i will be doing one myself when i find a worthy bbc. if you click on the search button and type in 454 swap or something like that and search over a year or so, there will be so much information you will never want to read again! hope that helps.