Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need ball joint press

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by alec78, Nov 19, 2003.

1. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a ball joint press to barrow for a weekend. I am willing to pick it up just about anywhere from Colorado Springs to Ft. Collins, and Georgetown to Byers; maybe even farther!

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Alec, are you looking for one of those superduty C-clamp types? If so, Harbor Freight sells a kit for $39(I think it's $29 if it happens to be on sale). Do they have a Denver store? If they do, it's probably about as cheap to just buy the kit as to drive all over the state picking one up and returning it. BTW, that same kit also makes changing U-joints a very easy task. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the lead!

4. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

There is a Harbor Freight in Denver, and if you check this old post of mine 3 in 1 press post it gives you instructions on how to put in a code on their web site that will give you a price of $19.99 rather than 39.99 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Then just print out the shopping basket page and bring it in store and they'll give you that price with no problems at all.

Sean

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    put in a code on their web site that will give you a price of $19.99 rather than 39.99

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that was a great tip /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Anyone have a code for the ball joint preload spanner nut for the front D44/10 bolt axle?

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone have a code for the ball joint preload spanner nut for the front D44/10 bolt axle?

[/ QUOTE ]
    What code are you talking about? I just replaced my ball joints in my new axle over the summer and I even replaced that adjuster nut(thanks to borrowing that spanner socket) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif