Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need ball joints done - anyone want to earn some $$?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jan 21, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Had my tranny serviced at the dealer, they noticed I need at least one done, figure might be best to check them all and maybe do them to freshen up the Burb since it has 170K miles. Any of you locals to Portland want the work? I can get the truck to you and leave it for a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Prices on parts and labor would be appreciated. Want this done since I'm putting the lift on this weekend. No hurry on this, just in the next couple weeks or so.

Thanks.............. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You gonna redo the wheel bearings and seals while you're in there??

-Jeremy

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

might as well do the axle u joints too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Hey Frank, Im not local but i have wheels and could use the extra $$$ for sure /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have the tools, and the experience ( 12 year Master Tech, with ALL certifications but tranny's ). I wanna jump in line here, whats the scoop, ...
    is it just Ball joints?
    is it IFS?
    do you have AIR? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Frank, if you wanted to do it all at once, we could probably work it out if Aaron wants to come down this Sat. He can work on the ball joints while we install the lift. Not to mention that I have never done them before so I'd get some great learning experience. Yes Aaron, I do have AIR. If you have a better gun than I do, I'd bring it. Mine only has 250 ft lbs of torque. It may not be enough for ball joints.

6. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I did mine a few months ago, I was done in a few hrs. all of em.
    If Rob wants to do it ya'll can do it here.
    I don't have air but Big Horns shop does, only need it for the press anyway, I have an OTC ball joint press that makes short work of that job. Does u-joints also.
    As far as parts I can have them rounded up and waiting at the local Napa by the next day if they are not in stock and they always are.
    Most likely all ya will need is ball joints, u-joints and seals.
    I can call in for prices tomorrow if ya want.
    We could call it a ball joint party LOL
    Replace the joints, fire up the grill and have a few beers.
    I do have the river to go play at also.
    They blocked off a dune but there is still some good ones.

7. uglychevyZZ4

Pssssst* Shane, im Rob /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron, thats cool, ya I have the press too and it makes gravy outta the Ball joints /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif well i guess we see what Frank says, Im still not sure what i have going on this weekend though, but i know i need some side $$$! heres what im wondering:

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ron, if you could get pricing for me that would be a godsend.

Unfortunately, I would rather get the lift only done this weekend, as to be honest with you guys (my PNW bros and sis's) I want and need to limit my time away from home on the weekends. Some of you or most of you read my post about job networking - I am currently on a major travel situation with my job and spend little to no time at home M-F save for a few hours Mon morning and Friday night. I know you understand.

So Ron, if you can get me pricing, and shoot me a price for you to do the work for me (at my place another weekend if you want, I do have AIR /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) I would appreciate it.

Thanks all ! You guys are da greatest................ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. uglychevyZZ4

Looks like Frank is throwing it your way Ron, have fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I understand if you want it done by someone local /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif time IS of the essecence when you are gone alot!

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Pssssst* Shane, im Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh.....I knew that.... sorry.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

11. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif