Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need big-block headers and exhaust for my K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steelsoldiers, Jan 22, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I need a set of BB headers and exhaust system for my Caddy 500 Blazer. I can use BBC headers because they sell a flange kit for the Caddy and all I have to do is cut off the BBC flanges and weld on the Caddy flanges. What have y'all been happy with. I'm looking for a 2.5" dual system to make her breath good and stay tucked up tight. Thanks for any help.
    Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Dont go with the Dynomax. I've got those now on my 454 and they like to hang down low and get in the way. Loooks like the hot ticket might be those shorty headers that are designed to hook up to the stock exaust. I am planning on getting them and then buy a stock dual exaust kit and do some mods on it.

3. steelsoldiers

I think the shorties would be good for clearance, but they would rob you of some torque. It's my understanding that long tube headers with primary tubes of around 1-3/4" would make the best low RPM torque and the short fatties make the best mid or high RPM HP. Somebody let me know if I'm wrong on this. Of course with a healthy 454 you may not notice much of a difference at slow off road speeds, maybe running dunes.
    Chris /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I run the Hooker Perf. headers that 502burban recommended on my 502. Just about a perfect fit. I cant remember the part # I think #1857? I am running 3" dual flowmasters.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There's gobs of torque to begin with. Loosing some on the bottom wouldnt kill me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

PM Lara (muddin4fun), I think she has a set of BBC headers for sale that may work for ya!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. steelsoldiers

Thanks for tip. I'll do that ASAP. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif