Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED BODY LIFT INSTRUCTIONS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, May 8, 2003.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

I bought a performance accessories 3 inch body lift and i misplaced the instructions does anyone have them where they could email them to me my email address is blazerk51977@yahoo.com
    i really would appreciate it
    Thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I might still have mine, gimme a day to look for it and i'll let you know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Unbolt body, jack up 3", bolt body down, extend linkages and enjoy wheelin'. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Trigger

Trigger Registered Member

What linkages would you need to extend in order to put lift on? steering, shift and ????

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you have an auto, you'll have to extend the tranny linkage. Leave the steering linkage alone. You're going to have to adjust your linkage for an NP 208 or NP 241 if you have one. You need to lose the bottom of your fan shroud. Make sure your brake lines by the master cylinder are long enough and that your gas filler is long enough.

If I left anything out, hopefully someone will remember. It's been almost a year since I did mine. If you have any specific questions, shoot them my way and I'll help you all I can.

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i would drill out the plastic inserts in the steering shaft and lube it up. otherwise the lift is going to put extra stress on the rag joint.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Looks like I'll have to do that to mine. I didn't.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Your gonna have to ether take off of the tailgate springs or just cut them off. Also trim the fan shroud.

9. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

I was wondering if you found the intructions yet.I really would appreciate it.
    Thanks

10. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Registered Member

11. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Thanks for that tip about the tailgate springs.I had already taken mine off and never put them back on.It would have been in a nine line bind.

12. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yeah, dude. Just call Performance Accessories and they should be able to fax you a copy. One other recommendation--If you don't have an impact wrench, a breaker bar is invaluable to get the old body mount bolts off. I did mine in my driveway and had I not used a breaker bar, I would have really spent more time and elbow grease on the install. I did a write-up on mine a while back. Just do a search.

Extending the tranny linkage is a piece of cake. Just weld that 3" extension to the end of your tranny linkage. More simple than it sounds.

Do the search for my write-up. I think it's probably better than the actual instructions.

Hope this helps.