Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need bolt sizes for 350sbc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Jun 4, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

where can i find out some bolt sizes for a 350sb. just gettin around to put engine in today and noticed alot of the bolts for my 350 are missing. :mad: . need sizes for the motor mounts that bolt to the block with the 3 bolts, crank pulley, fuel pump, fan/clutch,carb,

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ARP sells all of the bolts you mention, may want to look into them. definitely a way better alternative to the hardware store bolts im sure you're thinking of using.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Parts counter book...

GM dealers parts books list the bolt sizes..some you can buy at autozone in "help" brand,like for the fan clutch...but the quickest way to get them is to go to the junkyard...then you get OEM quality at a bargain price...the motor mount bracket to block bolts are critical--they are pretty short,you need to make sure they dont bottom out in the block before they tighten,and not so short they are only in a few threads..Chevy uses some "weird" lengths on some bolts that aren't always available at a hardware store,like the exhaust manifolds--they are 2-1/4",most stores carry 3/8 bolts in only 2" and 2-1/2" sizes..best way is the junkyard..make sure the bolts look like OEM ones though,not something someone threw in there.. :crazy: