Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Brake Line Help Fast!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Dec 24, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

How do I get the brake lines off the front of my 86 blazer. I am talking about the fitting up high by the frame, I haven't had any luck getting them off!

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just went outside and had a look- If I recall, the fitting just spins out.......I'm pretty sure the front lines are a two-piece setup. The split point is at the frame bracket. The line from the wheel to the bracket at the frame is threaded on both ends. I'm almost positive that you just undo the line in both places to remove it......

3. bherring

bherring Registered Member

I've seen two different styles of connections where the hardline comes out of the frame to meet the hose running to the caliper. One of them has a retaining clip that securely locates the line to a bracket attached to the frame while the other has a large bolt that clamps the assembly to the bracket. Either way, once the lines are free from the frame bracket, they will simply unscrew just like any other brake line fitting. Using open ended wrenches almost guarantees rounding the soft bolts, but line wrenches shouldn't cause any problems. I know some of mine will only let go now with persuasion from vice grips.

81/350/350/208/D44/14B/6"/36"