Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need bumpers...and a welder.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

Bumper Progress

i'm in the process of getting all the materials needed to build my front and rear bumpers.so far i've got 2x6x11ga. tube,1/4in.thick "L" steel for the brackets,if that'll work(what's everyone else using?),a reese hitch that i would like to be tied into the rear bumper somehow,a pintle hook for the face of the rear bumper(mack truck style for rear attachment point and tow hooks for the front from a rig)so far i've got only $130 into everything.that's only for the 2x6 tube.the other stuff was given to me or traded for.my problem is...I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WELD!!!:frown1: would anyone be willing to do some welding for my sorry ass in exchange for liquid assets or what little bit of cash i can scrounge up?i've tried arc welding but i'm beginning to realize that, for me,welding is just a fantasy.:blush: any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ill weld for ya, don't drink much though. hell ill even help you to learn to weld. you even know where i live :cool1:

3. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

AWESOME!!!WHEN I GET SOME MORE STUFF AROUND,I'LL LET YA KNOW SO WE CAN SET THIS UP.I'VE GOT A LITTLE 1OOAMP CLARK ARC WELDER...IF THAT WILL WORK.YOU HAVE KNOW IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE THAT.THANK YOU!!!

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive got a 225AC lincoln arc welding at my grandmas in ionia, and a 135 MIG welder here. im not that great with an arc wleder. just stop on by.

5. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Anybody in Virginia know how to weld?