Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need camcorder / computer help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Aug 23, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have a Sony MiniDV camcorder. Went out yesterday and took some wheeling pics and am having issues getting them downloaded. I'm connected thru a USB cable. When I go to Windows explorer I can see the Sony folder on the "E" drive and I see the other folder that is supposed to contain the images but when I click on the subfolder it is either empty or I get an error "the request could not be completed due to an I/O error". The pics are on the camera cause I viewed them. Went to the Sony website and redownload the drivers, still no help. I searched their archives with no luck.
    Anyone ever have this kind of problem?
    Computer is a laptop running windows 2000 professional

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

restart the computer and make sure the camera is set to off or whatever setting it has for connecting to the computer. Maybe you have it turned on but not to where the computer can get to the pics /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

there should be a transfer program that came with the camera use that to get the pics from the camera also the camera needs to be in camera mode when you do try to upload them. i have a Sony camera as well so feel free to ask any questions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm....I have a Sony camera as well. Running XP Pro, I don't need any program to get stuff off the memory stick. Jut plug in the USB cable, make sure the switch is on memory, and the folder pops up. Same as with my Olympus digital still camera. I'm thinkin thats an XP thing though. Not much help with W2k.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I think it's an XP thing. My computer at home has XP and it gives me no problems at all. This thing is pissing me off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif