Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need camo paint scheme

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txbartman, Jul 20, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I am looking to paint my K20 in some sort of light camo scheme, something like Desert Storm. I have having trouble finding some pictures somewhere that I can use to see what colors are used and how they combine the patterns. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

sounds stupid, but check the toy department out at your local department store. there are alot of reproduction miniature toys and also "fantasy military" stuff with cool patterns. i did this with the paint job i did on my old k20 and it looked cool and almost x-zactly matched the desert storm tan/light green combo. got lots of complements on it. plus it doesnt hurt that im x-military with camo painting skills ! do a search on the net for camo or camouflage. it should take you to a site where a dude has the whole schemes posted with pics. hope this helps

3. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Registered Member

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Here my k5 with desert storm. [​IMG]

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

actually cegusman's camo aint desert storm, not that ive ever seen. it looks more like that the scheme ive seen on u.s. vehicles that was used from like the 60's/70's till the 80's. its kind of like a mountain camo ive seen in fort bliss, tx. it is very interesting. there is a similar scheme used by the marines, or used to be. i was there when desert storm was going on and seen vehicles leaving the spray line paint booth(fort bragg,n.c.) to be shipped over. alot of them wherent masked off very well. some even didnt get painted cause there where shortages on everything. course im sure there where custom jobs done by various vehicle crews. take your time, find something special to YOU, so it sets you aside and not a copy-cat. best of luck, and enjoy. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey your is kind of like mine. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status