Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Check Engine Light Codes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arizblazer, Aug 24, 2001.

1. arizblazer

arizblazer Newbie

Does anyone have a listing for the Check Engine light codes for an '89 Blazer and also which pins to short together to display them?
    I've got a wierd problem where the light only comes on after I am in overdrive on the highway for a short while.
    Need help!!!

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've got a list - to extract them, you need to jump terminals "A" and "B" on your diagnostic connector:

it should look like this:

F E D C B A
    G H

Once you've got them jumpered, turn the ignition to "on", and watch the check engine light - it will flash code "12" three times, then any stored codes.

If the shoe fits, get another one just like it
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Glendale Az....i have a scanner and all the manuals...will be workin on the K5 Garage Saturday night around 8pm...your welcome to stop by...post a reply if you want to stop by and i'll give you directions and phone numbers.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you can also go to autozone, they will give you the gm key for free and the haynes manual has all the codes for aroung 10-15 bucks.

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    GM key? What do you mean by that? Like a plug in shunt or a piece of paper with the codes on it?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its a little plug in piece to jump the two terminals.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

7. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My 88 does the same thing. The light never comes on during city driving but after I run on the highway for a bit, it makes the light come on and then it will go off. It will do this until I kill the igntion and reset the computer. I have also linked the light with the cruise control and/or letting off the gas. Anybody got a clue/ Ohh yeah the EGR valve has been replaced too.
    Thanks
    88K5Jimmy

8. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Doug,
    I'd like to stop by and meet you sometime. Where is the "K5 Garage"? My K5 is on blocks right now, I've extensive frame cracking at the steering box. I'm pulling both fenders, inner&amp;outers, I'm going to fix the frame right and I thought that I might as well put the crossover steering in now. I need a new steering box so....might as well get the 2wd box for crossover. Now that I'm looking at it some more I'm contemplating replacing the forward-most body mounts/ front spring mounts, they sure do look wimpy, I think mine are actually bent a bit. Ops..I think I'm rambling:-)
    Thanks
    Mark

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

9. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

When was the last time you replaced your o2 sensor. Mine was like that for a while until I replaced it. Thats what the code came up to be.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by LittleJimmy on 08/27/01 10:55 AM.</FONT></P>

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I have the identical symptoms, and still do. I replaced the o2 sensor, retimed it to factory specs, and it went away. It just came back on a trip this week, with the same friggin code. I'm kind of thinking it's the cheaper fuel I run when on these trips.

If you figure out what the code is, post it and someone here can tell you what it is. Mine is code 13, Oxygen circuit (or code 43 ESC, I was getting them both at one point).

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Mark...107th Ave and thomas...moved my garage into my buddies garage.. (much larger)...where we are building up his 73 from the frame up...and it kinda got dubbed the K5 Garage....will be doin sidework from there also in the near future...once we finish painting it and moving all the Th350...and xfer case cores out back...lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!