Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need coil spring help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryan22re, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a website that would have spring rates and free length measurements for popular aftermarket (and stock) coil springs. Particularly any 4wd coil spring Ford or TJ/XJ. Any ideas? I can't search over on pirate (Google not working that well either), but I seem to remember somebody posting the spring rates and such from most popular models and lift kits.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Moog...

I've seen Moog "Numerical Listing" catalog supplements, that listed springs by wire sizes,length,spring rates,etc..but I dont have one,or know if you could look one over online..maybe an "old" parts store has one collecting dust?..

I used to look up springs this way for those who wanted to lift a car up,or add a big block and there were no stock HD springs listed,etc..Shock absorber catologs have similar listings too..

I found a pair of coils from a mid 70's Lincoln worked great to lift my friends 72 Cutlass 3" in the rear,yet still retain a soft cushy ride--the springs were nearly identical,except for overall length..:crazy:

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im also lookin for this as well, i posted up in pbb in the ford section, but didnt get much help from them. i going to use bronco coils when i do eventually link

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Still looking, nothing yet.

I tried the moog website, but to no avail. Don't have product listings or specs available online.

Trying to dig through pirate now, not really finding much of anything.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Seems to me that this is one place where spending a little $$ up front could save you a lot of time & work. Use 2.5" or 3.0" coil-over springs. Don't have to have coil-overs to use them.
    If you guess wrong on the rate and you haven't scared the springs most vendors will exchange them. All you usually need to pay for is the shipping.

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

That was suggested to me already by another source. The problem lies in the expense of the coil-over springs. I was hoping for a lower buck aproach.