Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need computer techie to help me..udated..another question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Jun 8, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i am working on a "blog" site..something to do when i can't sleep..
    i finally figured out how to do backgrounds, and add pictures. and i was wondering is there a way to add music to a "blog" and if so..how?
    i have a couple songs saved to my computer that i would like to add to it..is there away to add them?

also i have been playing with some photos i have on my computer, does anyone know of a "free" photoshop program that i can download that will let me add "picture frames" "backgrounds" umm can't really think of what i'm tying to say here..borders maybe?..i have adobe photoshop 7.0 but it doesn't have what i'm looking for..umm heres an example..say i have a picture of my nephews birthday, and i wanted to add a "frame" to the picture that says "happy bithday" or say i wanted to add a "birthday cake image" to the picture...am i making any sense? i know what i want just not what to call it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2005
  2. google

google 1/2 ton status

I'm sure I don't know the best way, but I think you can upload them to your FTP and then just make a clicky that goes to that address. Or, if that doesn't work, upload it to my site below and make a clicky

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

Hell, I work at Godaddy.... Give me a few min and I'll get one of the tech guys to tell you. What blog program are you using???

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

Find an "OPEN SOURCE" media player and load the files onto your server. Add a link in the Blog site for "Music player" or whatever. You would load the music on the player just like windows media play list and people would be able to chose from the list what they would like to hear.

Another way would be to just put a link to an existing web radio station that would open the media player of the user and begin playing.

__________________________________________----
    that's what my tech guy said. Hope it helps.

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok from what i understand you saying..mind you i don't know jack about computers...is thatthey would have to click a link to hear the music..is this correct?...because what my thought was..is when they viewed my "blog" the music would automatically start playing in the background...

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

I asked them about that too and they said you would have to know how to write the code in the script. HTML coding and what not. SO I told them to give you the one that I could do (I don't know much either)

7. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok, do they reccomend an "open source" media player?

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

No, he said they all work about the same.... Just a matter of licensing. Some cost money and some don't. Just gunna have to google it and see what you can find..... LOLOLOLOLOL

I said google it.... that's what you just did though :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

lol

ok i must be stupid..i googled "open source media player" and don't think i found what i need..but i don't know exactly what i'm looking for

10. google

google 1/2 ton status

Hmmmmmm........ Dunno... I'll ask again and have him explain a bit more..... but....... DID YOU GET IT

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

yes i got it..:D

12. google

google 1/2 ton status

Basicly I think that what he ment is you need to have a media player installed on the server. You could prolly use windows media player. And then install the mp3 files in the play list. When people click on the link (basicly like a desktop shortcut) it would open it and play it from the server.

Just another translation of what he said I guess.... Maby that when you put it on the server, it becomes OPEN SOURCE. dunno..... I'll ask

13. google

google 1/2 ton status