Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need crewcab frame measurement please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Feb 19, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I need a measurement on a 73-91 crew cab. From the rear of the frame by the bumper to where it starts to curve by the cab. I need the length of the straight section of the rear of the frame. In case you are wondering why I need it, and why I don't measure my own. I am two weeks away from returning home and am bored ot death in the barracks. I am working on my project research and am thinking about making my 84 a twin-screw (18 wheeler like) setup someday. Need to find out if there is enough room on the stock frame to have two sets of springs. thanks

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Just an observation.... the frame doesn't start to drop down until the rear cab cab mounts, so you have at least the full 8'.

Not really a concern IMO, as Burbs have the front spring hangers on a portion of the frame that is not horizontal. The Burb wheelarch starts only a few inches back of the rear doors.

Fuels tanks would be another issue.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well this idea needs 112+" to mount two sets of springs and all per side. The fuel tank is never a problem as I could always use a burb/blazer tank. :waytogo:

4. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I can measure my '89 crew cab when I get home tomorrow afternoon... I'll post up if ya have'nt got it by then...:D

5. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Do ya still need these measurements??

6. Martin460

Martin460 Registered Member