Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need DFW shop info

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by 69CedarHillK5, Mar 22, 2006.

1. 69CedarHillK5

69CedarHillK5 Newbie

I just purchased a '69 K5 Blazer - and want to know if anyone in the DFW area can suggest a good shop to get it lifted (that is familliar with older K5's)? Also, any recommendations on lift kit and tire/wheel combos. This will not be a daily driver, but will be taken offroad quite often. Have purchased it to traverse east texas dirt (sometimes mud) roads and eventually to send down to Akumal for jungle driving.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Expert Offroad in Plano, comes to mind. It isn't a very hard job to do. I could help you do it yourself if you brought your truck over. I live about 45 minutes from you. I would suggest ORD shackle flip and TC springs, new brake lines, shocks, etc.

3. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I am an apprentice at ExpertOffroad.com and it is a great shop to go to. the owners will tell you the truth of what is needed make sure everything you need is done better than expected.

i just did my 6" myself. And leper has everything you need aslong as your bring the parts. But if you rather a shop to do it, expert is the place to go. No haggeling like 4wheelparts will give you...

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

lol...Like a 1 5/16- 3/4 drive socket :wink1:

5. 69CedarHillK5

69CedarHillK5 Newbie

Thanks for the offer - I will let look you up once we figure out exactly which way to go with it.

6. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    check out www.texas4x4.org there's some cool guys on there & they can maybe help you out some more...i know Leper's on there

7. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Ooh help me with my axel swap /shackle flip / b52 setup /finding new shocks /rebuilding a tranny (also rebuilding the np205 out of the suburban but I think I can tackle that.)