Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need drip rail molding?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mini_mull, Mar 6, 2005.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Looks like we finally sold the Tahoe (that is if they show up with the $ on monday). So a paint job should be in the near future for the suburban. I'm planning on loosing all the moldings, emblems, egde guards, fac roof rack etc. (I like the "clean" look.) But was wondering,

Do I need to keep the drip rail moldings above the doors?

I'd rather take them off, but I don't want my doors to leak, and I'll have the screw holes filled before painting if I'm going to leave them off. I looked through hundreds of pics on this site and others, and it looks like everyone kept them, so I'm guessing there's a reason why, anyone??????

2. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

They help to reduce the amount of rain that will come off the roof and down your doors - side of vehicle , you will have water pour on you without them

I would imagine the water may leak in the door seals if they are not sealing tight

Just a few thoughts , for a show truck it would be nice (fair weather truck) but for a dd. not really practical unless you want to look different

Ultimately the choice is yours