Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need engine compartment pics please

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Aug 18, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

trying to figure how to mount my On Board Air on the Passenger side, but the head dosen't have a bolt hole in the front like the drivers side does (only one instead of two) wondering if others had the same setup or if anyone had ther alternator mounted on the passenger side. Where did the factory A/C mount? thanks

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

LKJR,
    Even though you don't seem to care for my ideas much in the past, I will try to help. Locate an alternator bracket for early heads without bolt holes (usually 67 or older) that connects to the first two exhaust bolt holes and that should solve your problems. Summitt has them in chrome or standard old steel for cheap. If you run headers just use a long stud and a spacer and that will solve your problem.

John

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

hmmm, thought crossed my mind, maybe I"ll look into that, thanks, sorry if I have came across and not wanting your ideas, don't know where / when but I apologize for that, I"m always open to ideas, if I don't use it directly sometimes it will spark a spin on something else.

Thanks

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i will take a picture of mine. i have the alternator on the passenger side. my 350 came out of a 75 blazer. i also have all my running on one 58 inch v belt. i have p/s, alt, harmonic, and fan.the only thing i had to do was tack weld a washer onto the power steering pulley so that it would space out an 1/8th inch. you might not even have to do that. hope it helps

nathan /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i didnt get a chance to get the pics. i will try again tonight.

nathan