Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Engine Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CBLAZER81, Jun 9, 2000.

1. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I was driving the K5 yesterday and trying to figure out why everybody was giving me dirty looks.I looked in the mirror to find a HUGE cloud of smoke.
    It doesn't smoke until it's warmed up.Once it's up to temp,it's like it builds up at an idle and puffs out really bad when I take off.It seems to get better once the rpm's come up but it still smokes a little.
    I was thinking it could be valve guide seals but don't they usually smoke when it's cold and lessen as it warms up?Any ideas?
    I was really looking forward to the Y2K5 run but this might put a stop to that.
    <font color=green>ANYBODY WANNA" BUY A BLAZER?</font color=green>
    <font color=purple>http://cblazer81.coloradok5.com</font color=purple>

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your choke is not disengaging properly.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Well color of smoke is going to help with this question, Black smoke is rich mixture of gas giong into the cylinder, blue smoke oil is getting into cylinder or white which would be water. :P If it's black then check as the other guy suggested, your choke.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)