Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need exhaust routing tips to get around my Doubler.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TopOff, Oct 9, 2002.

1. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I was running true 2.5" duals to cheap-o mufflers and running out behind the rear tires, before the doubler.

After putting in the doubler... My friend and I got the passenger side to run along the frame-raiil just above the 205. It is really crushed in there next to the 205 and frame-rail. Then it goes into a flex line and into the muffler. This flex line has GOT to GO! This seems to have the biggest leaks in it.

More to the point - this whole setup looks like crap and is WAY to close to my fuel-lines. I put some sheet metal to act like a heat shield on the fuel-lines.

Anyways, I was thinking of doing a 90 degree bend off my passenger side headers, bend it towards the drivers side then bend it to run parrallel like the drivers side. Now these two can go into a single (dual-in) muffler and it wilil have a single out, maybe a 3" exhaust to the drivers rear???

Anyone else running doubler? How is your exhaust?

Any tips or suggestions?

Mildly built 383 (Crane 260 cam) with Fuel Injection. I doubt it will ever see over 5K rpms.

Thanks in advance.