Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need fast reply!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm24m, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

OK, here's the deal. I found a 72 blazer for sale in Romeoville, Illinois. Thats about a 450 mile drive for me. The guys asking $7000, my limit is $6000, which he said he would take. He said there is no rust("mint body" as he put it), good paint (last year) , 350/auto tranny, good 35's (thornbirds), 4in susp, 3in body lift, decent interior, no top at all(bummer), and dana 44's front and rear with 4:10's. Now here's the catch. He hasn't driven it much since he bought it, so he doesn't know much about it's running condition. He says he "ran the numbers" on the motor and it came back as a "target" replacement (whatever that means). A replacement motor as he put explained it. The only leak he knows of is a small tranny leak. He has never taken it on the highway, so can't give me an idea how it drives at highway speeds, only around town, which he said drives good. Also, the title is an issue. He said he has the title (clean) but he has never registered it in his name. In other words, it was signed by the guy he bought it from and never put into his name. No plates either. So.......what do you guys think? Is it worth the ride to IL? What about the legality of the title issue? Please, I need fast replys because this is the last weekend I'll be able to drive up there for a month and a half (military B.S.), might be able to squeeze out a weekday or two though. Thoughts....info....HELP!!!!

2. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

it looks a little pricy to me...and something sounds kinda fishy with the deal with the title..be careful!

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

to pricy and too many little catches and uncertainties. i'd say wait and find one you new about and could check out really good first. this thing is thirty years old.

69K5
    nathan

5. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Just a little update. I decided to pass on the blazer. To much was iffy about it. I did notice the front clip, which also made me curious. I called the guy back and got the previous owners name off the title. I looked him up on the internet and gave him a call. He was very helpful and said that he wasn't sure it would make the trip, at least in the condition he sold it in three years ago (mechanically). He also said he sold it with a wrecked front end, which explains the different front clip. Going by what I told him, he said it sounded like a lot of work had been done to it since he sold it. That doesn't fit well with how little the guy said he knew about the truck. Though I'm sure the guy is being honest, the whole deal just sounds a little fishy. I don't feel like driving that far just to turn around and come home K5-less. Thanks for all the help in making a tough decision. So......still looking.

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you did the best thing. That Blazer has been for sale for a while now. $7K and it doesn't have a top? That sounds a bit high anyway.

7. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

Offer him quite a bit less and see what he says. Can`t hurt. I would not be scared of the title though. Sounds like it will still be for sale when you can go look next time.