Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need ford info plz.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 13lazer, Jul 1, 2006.

1. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

i know im behind enemy lines here, but i only want to find a ford message board of this caliber. i wasted my 289 the other day. i think i blew a headgasket or cracked the block. now i get to build myself a small block ford. this will be my 2nd motor, but my first as an adult with money, skill, and tools. this one is gonna last longer than a month.
    i was looking at a mustang board and those people were clueless. does anyone know where the smart ford people post?
    thanks

img097.jpg

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

I used to be a Mustang guy, at least until prices got way too high for cars that were basically a Falcon or Torino with different sheetmetal (you could say much the same regarding Camaros, Chargers and so forth).

However, since you already have the pony, what kind of a budget did you settle on to build your SB Ford; how much are you planning to lay out?

3. slyguy_22

slyguy_22 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We built a 347 (302sb ford) stroker motor for a guy at our shop last year. it went into his 64 falcon. it was a fairly stout motor. ill have to get back to you on some prices, but i would check with your local machine shop and get some prices.

4. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

Go to dfwstangs.net ....look through their forums...those guys know their ****. My roomate is a big mustang guy...but not old stuff...just 87-93 fox bodies.

5. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

i'm looking to do everything myself besides the machining and balancing. i picked up a roller block from a 1987 gt 5.0 that some dummy tore apart when it couldn't pass my states emissions standards. i'm gonna spend as little as possible.
    i'll go research dfwmustangs before i spend any cash. i allready have around $4000 in upgrades, 600# springs 1" drop, upper control arm drop, front disks, t-5 trans, 350 posi diff, new interior, bigger front & rear sway bars, torino rear drums, 1-3/4" pipes dual exhaust, and some 18" lexus rims with 40 series dunlops... i'll stop here, but theres more that car is freakin fun.

this car belonged to my grandfather, he let me drive it on a dirt road in a canyon near palm springs when i was 12. he also let me fire off a few 38 caliber rounds at some cans that day.