Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Fuel help for my comuter Really Bad!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Vassago, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Vassago

Vassago Newbie

I have a 89 Trooper with a 2.8 its a Gm motor. About 6 months ago I parked it one day and it has not restarted since. I'm by no means a mechanic just a parts changer. So some of my descriptions on part names my be off so feel free to correct me I'm still learning.
    I have figured out as much that I have a fuel problem. The engine will start and run off of carb cleaner sprayed into the TBI. I changed the fuel pump right off the bat but then I found out it was not even bad. I checked the pressure and it was around 12 pounds. I thought that was low! That's why I changed the pump. My friend looked it up and got back to me after the fact that that's what it should have been. Anyway I get fuel right up to the TBI so I got another trooper for parts and switched the whole TBI out and it still wont Run.
    My buddy has some tool that tests to see if you have power to the injectors. Its kinda like a test light. When you take the wires that clip into the injectors and hook them up, the lights flash. But what I'm thinking is maybe they are not putting out enough juice to power the injectors. If this is the case how to I fix that? Do I need a new computer or something? If anyone even has some idea I would be in your debt. Keep in mind I have a parts trooper of the same year to try switching parts off of.Thanks Tony

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Swap out the computer. Even money on that being it.