Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Gear Advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 24, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What a pile of fawking cow manure? I almost had to get out and push the POS Accord up the friggin hells. I'd rather of drove the Stock Wannabe Prerunner K5 with 35's and 3.73 over the same mountains /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The friggin Honda has less guts than the French government /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

My lug nuts take more torque then what your honda makes
    [​IMG]

c/o 55willy

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

MMMMMM That's gotta hurt ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

He's right. I was fighting the tranny the whole way over the mountains. Fawking car sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If I can haul tail up to Tahoe in my POS Neon, then you can do it in your Honda.... just be heavy on the gas when it's flat right before the inclines and you'll be able to get up to speed better on the hills. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    If I can haul tail up to Tahoe in my POS Neon, then you can do it in your Honda.... just be heavy on the gas when it's flat right before the inclines and you'll be able to get up to speed better on the hills. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A Neon's powerband is totally different than an Accord. I'm sure I wouldn't of had a probably with a Neon. But then again, how does it do in traffic? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My 98 Dodge Status is a pooch going up steep hills, but it's a automadic also. Next draily driver I buy will be a V-6 at the least. 95% of the 4cly econobox cars are going to be pooches. Thats just the way it is, and it's worse if you grew up driving V-8's bucouse they don't have the power you're used to when you mash the pedal. Oh well, you give up something for the MPG.

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

When I used to have a 90 Honda Civic, all my good friends used to make jokes at how I drove... I used to manually shift the car down into 3rd from OD just to pass other vehichles... It turned into a manual for me! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif They got a kick out of it, but none the less, I would fly in that car! Hill or not! Got 6 speeding tickets in 2.5 years and lost my license cause 3 were in 1 year! Got it back and sold the car cause it was time too! I like those little scoot cars, but hell if I ever bought a real car with some a$$! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]

A Neon's powerband is totally different than an Accord. I'm sure I wouldn't of had a probably with a Neon. But then again, how does it do in traffic? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This car looks like poo since it's been hit so many time by idiots, but it drives fine as far as speed. I never have had an issue with people saying it goes too slow.... now an issue with it breaking, yeah, it has those.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I noticed nobody has said anything about y'all going too slow, especially after that one day you blew by Chaz and I on US 50 after the first race.

11. ChevyCaGal

Chaz was going 55mph in a 65mph zone... I wanted to hit the photo place by 4:30 to get the prints, so I had to drive like I was on a mission! Not my fault he was driving slow! I was told I was too slow at that dang go kart place. If only it had decent steering. I'd been going good in that. It killed my arms. I was disappointed on that one for sure...

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I was told I was too slow at that dang go kart place. If only it had decent steering. I'd been going good in that. It killed my arms. I was disappointed on that one for sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not excuse. The guy that took Class 7 today lost the power steering belt on his Toy today and had to drive over goat trails /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Got 6 speeding tickets in 2.5 years and lost my license cause 3 were in 1 year! Got it back and sold the car cause it was time too

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need a fast car to get a speeding ticket.
    My friend has a pos 90 corsica and that thing is slow --he's gotten 3 or so tickets in the past 2 years. I also got a buddy with a 02 vette w/ 0 speeding tickets.