Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Gearing Help in the SoCal High Desert

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gstuck3, Jun 4, 2005.

1. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

First I would like to say how great this sight is and thanks for all the help I know I'll get.

Does anyone know of a good shop that can install gears in the High/Hi Deserts. I live in Twentynine Palms and not much around here. I'm willing to driveand hour or two. I've already checked with Bob's Driveline in Victorville but still shopping around to see what else is out there.

I just got a 74 Jimmy but it has 3.07 gears and I want to re-gear it. I'm thinking of 4.10's and Detroit lockers front and rear. That's probably overkill for what I'll use it for but it'll be there if I need it. Any advice is welcome. Also are Yucon gears good. I found a good price on some. Or does anyone a good place to find parts a a good price.

jimmy21.jpg

2. Catman

Catman Registered Member

I have a personal wrench that works out of his house and has done most of the mods to my truck. Unfortunately he's in the process of moving and won't be available for a few weeks. I'll pm you with his number when he's ready to work again.
    By the way, if you see a '90 K5, red with a black top, at Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneertown, drop in and ask for Mike. I live in Yucca Valley!

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

If I had the shop done I would do it, but I dont have any place to do it right now. Don't go to Bob's Driveline, they are ass holes there. Maybe try California Customs in Hesperia.

4. gstuck3

Thanks for the response Catman, I appreciate it. I'll try and look you up at Pappy and Harriet's. Is this guy local? Are the prices good?

5. gstuck3

Thanks for the info. But what do you mean by "assholes"? Are they $$$$$$, Is their work bad? Or are they just rude? I heard they did good work but that was on custom driveshafts. Not sure about anything else. I'll check Cali Customs tomorrow. thanks

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

They were just rude to me, and to the dealership I work at. Basically they won't do business with us anymore. Its pretty retarted.