Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need GM Part number Reference

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I picked up a GM small HEI distributor but don't know what it is out of. Can someone reference the part numbers and tell me the application. Thanks

Distributor number is #1103749 the number 7M11 is also on the dist.

Module number is #3695L17 The number 466 is also on the module

If you could tell me what this is out of I would appreciate it. It had a 8 cylinder cap on it but that is all I know. Thanks

Harley

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Those look like AC delco numbers on the with the alphanumeric part#'s. I think you can go on AC Delco website and reverse look up the distributor's application by the part #.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well I found this written in the following write up , and I QUOTE

" The smaller diameter (72mm) distributor is stamped 1103479 on the metal plate beneath the distributor. The72mm Distributor was furnished with 5.0L/5.7L engines on the Camaro,and Pontiac engines 87-92. "

JimsPerformance

So it would seem to be a TPI distributor Harley /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Sweetness. I thought it was but I didn't know for sure. It is also a TBI dist since they are the same. I will have to see if the Delco module in it is any good. I am going to put that dist together and put it in my truck for a trail spare. That way if my pickup coil goes again I can swap distributors and be on the road again.

Just another thing to add to the trail box. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Thanks alot for finding that Paul.

Harley

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Just another thing to add to the trail box.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is so heavy now, gonna have to upgrade to a metal one with a lock that I can hardmount to the floor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Hossbaby50

That is what I did with mine. I built a box out of 22 gauge steel sheet (should have used 20 or 18 gauge though). It is 38x24x18 I think. I mounted it to the holes that the back seat used to mount too. The holes are like 36" apart So far so good. It holds alot of stuff and is located just in front of the axle which is nice for the weight distribution. Keeps more weight centrally located instead of in the back like it used to be. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Harley