Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need good q-jet

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by mudduck, Jul 25, 2002.

1. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

looking for a good carb to go on my truck

2. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

anybody help some lo life stole my carb, battery , this reaaly sucks it was my jet stage two carb only got to run it twice.

3. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

4. Boomer

Boomer Newbie

Have q-jet that came off a older chevy guess late 70's has the old style choke pull off( the type that uses intake madifold to controll) if you think you can get it to work let me know. make offer. Boomer NC

5. CSUltimate

CSUltimate Registered Member

Please don't get a Q-jet I had more problems with mine then I can count I suggest spend some extra money and get an edlebrock just don't go to big for your horsepower range.

6. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you knew how to work on and adjust a Q-Jet you would have had no problems. I have run them on every carberated vehicle I own and after the first time I rebuilt them I have never had another problem out of them. Unfortunatly they havew a bad rep because poeple who don't know how to adjust them just give up and use them as paper weights. But if you still hate them so bad please send them to me I can find a loving home for them.

7. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I got 2 completly together q-jet carbs. I also have one that is mostly there. I will post pics later today bout to go fishin' right now. I also got a Carter AFB, If I would have seen your post about 2 weeks ago I coulda hooked you up with a Edelbrock 1406, I found uses for both my spear Edelbrocks and got 2 of the trucks up and going.

8. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

got pictures of the carbs in my webshots. I forgot about them till now but you can see them there.