Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need half a driveshaft only...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by kchecca, Jun 25, 2002.

1. kchecca

kchecca Registered Member

I discovered that the inner spline yoke end (axle end) of many front and rear driveshafts are the same. And since my front shaft is damaged in the front yoke only, I am searching for a yoke off a driveshaft.

I am figuring somebody has a bad tube or t-case end and would be willing to part with the remainder. All I need is good splines and yoke. Please let me know. Thanks.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

best to get a whole shaft. balance ishues. and if having one made from old parts, might want to reconsider...
    what t-case and axle ya got?
    grant

3. kchecca

kchecca Registered Member

Makes sense on the balance issue... but I was thinking for cheap it might be worth a try. I can always find a used, good shaft for about $50. Still cheaper than a new slipyoke end.

I am running a TH350/NP203 combo. They are both recent rebuilds and I made the effort to keep this combo. I know...why, why, why.... I did all the math and planning for every combo and this just fit my needs and my budget. I am currently really happy with it.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have a shaft if you have D44, i wont be needing it anymore. where are you located?
    grant