Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need hard drive logic/circuit board

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Oct 24, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I am in need of a logic board for a Seagate Barracuda 80GB hard drive. While my main computer was down, the hard drive was sitting on the desk. Someone who hasn't admitted it dropped it onto the floor. Whe port where the IDE cable plugs in cracked and 1 of the pins came out. The computer obviously won't read it. If anyone has one that maywork, please let me know. Not sure what numbers off the board we need to compare but we can figure that out. They do not make the board seperate for sale so my only chance is finding an identical hard drive and using the board

I'm willing to buy, rent or borrow the logic board so I can get some very important info of the hard drive

HELP

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Be helpful to know the part # of the drive -- ST380000A or whatever, I'm a bit old on my Seagate numbers.

That said, an enterprising (and cheap) tech might be able to solder a new connector/pin on there if it's just that part that's busted. If the board is cracked or the like, obviously you're in more trouble.

I've done this 'afore, btw, for exactly the same reasons.

Worst case 80GB drives shouldn't be too hard to come by on Ebay or something, even a fairly modern one like your Cuda... but post up the model #, see if anybody has one.

-- A

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it was a ST380000A but that's nowhere to be found on the logic board. There is a small white sticker on it with 2 sets of numbers.
    left ones are: 100259203
    right ones: 3343V2WP.........(had to break out the magnifying glass :rolleyes: )

There are 2 chips with numbers on the board. The square chip is:
    4490D4FS302042
    FA9EX0315
    TAIWAN

Smaller rectangular chp is: EM636165TS-6H130205RAU142 .1V
    eTRON TECH

Just uner the IDE connection on the plastic is 84826-1 Rev ??? (plastic broke off)